Women of Daily News Sports react to Marlins’ Kim Ng hire – New York Daily News - News Hoarde

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Women of Daily News Sports react to Marlins’ Kim Ng hire – New York Daily News

DT: The landscape has changed, for the better, just in my four years in MLB clubhouses. But in many ways, it’s stayed the same. When I started out in Boston covering the Red Sox as an intern, there were only two, sometimes three, women in the clubhouse including myself. Now, even though I’m the only female Mets beat reporter, I’ve seen more women begin to feel more comfortable in that intimidating locker-room environment. I think a lot of that has to do with the increased receptiveness from some players, reporters and coworkers (but certainly not all) as seeing women in clubhouses begins to feel more typical. But there still aren’t enough women covering the sport and there’s a long way to go before that atmosphere feels acceptable.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3nqdYu2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad